Grumpy Bastards

If you don't like it, you know what you can do...
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:43 am 

So FINALY the low down on why I don’t proceed with the clan side atm :P

Recently around the time UKeSA started on ED (Steve will properly know what im on about) TNWA got a lot more focused on there new endeavours such as Game on London and supporting big games like CSS with UKeSA and left EVERYONE else out in the cold. When UKeSA open season 1 was announced to start the day before it was set to start that’s when I found out as well, the very admins being relied on to run the events got told nothing till less then 24 hours live time.

As time went on TNWA basically left us to fend for our self’s, staff left everything was getting into a right mess. Atm as it stands TNWA has no devs to make that crap enemydown.eu site to work, patch up the old .co.uk and no one to update XAC which soon enough will make that AC useless. In this time the top admin who was employed by TNWA walked out along with one of the better staff members as well, TNWA send us 1 message and asked for feedback then never showed there faces in our channels again. Don’t really take long to see all there after now is for the admins who do what they do for FREE to fill there pockets with money while they work on there next quick buck.

CSS admins, TF2 admins and my self and Raven have left ED. Me and Raven still have admin powers on the ED sites and are doing what we do until where done there for sure.

ED is going to die soon I can see it coming, a lot of us admins and ex TNWA staff and devs have got together to create http://www.eurokrieg.com/ same bases of ED before TNWA came in. The site is being worked on atm and is run 100% by ex admins, no TNWA or shareholders involved where doing it off our own backs because we want to. CSS, TF2 and DODS will be supported from the word go L4D will be coming into it at some point maybe whiting for L4D2 im not sure yet what the full plan is for that yet.

Here’s the big question that im gunna put in quote code to draw you to read

Quote:
With me leaving ED and me betting its going to die soon moving to EK when we open it is the choice, DODS community is behind us and will be moving over or using both leagues. Shall we play in EK? Is everyone happy to sign up on the site when its live and get started fresh at EK?

Now post away

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:11 pm 

I've been following the CSS issues on ED for a while. Its clear that the only thing keeping ED running and thriving has been the CSS section and its followers.
You can put the blame all down to TNWA but they are just the people who bought in and cba anymore, try looking deeper at the people who sold up in the first place. I don't see them coming forward do you. No they made their money and are well out of it.

regarding clanning I think if anyone really gave a dam about clanning it would have happend. Besides theres not really a competitive scene to speak of there must be 25-30 clans on ED.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:38 pm 

going by no one but steve posting im gunna go and assme steve has hid the nail on the head.

if you are really not botherd about the clan side of things please say so i can confirm no one has any real intrest.

before you go worrying im not gunna get all weepy and throw the loo all over the place about it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:32 pm 

meh i dislike this but i saw this comin

i would like to play some matches

but its difficult playing without a proper league

and our teamsize isnt that great

But if we going to play give me a shout :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:55 pm 

Only me Crisis and Bob have really had an intrest in going ahead with this. I get the feeling now that this questen got answerd way back when we started Grumpy bastards up, where a small community of friends who like shooting (and crashing into :P) each other clan matchs are just not in our heads.

EK is getting close to the beta stage i want to be playing dods matchs in a place where i can play matchs a bit and always better my understanding of teams, cheats, maps, bugs etc so i can batter admin dods on EK and we all know and where happy with the idea that for us to play matchs it was going to be with the low side of dods that like us plays for fun.

As steve said no one is really intrested and i have lost the intrest (and for some time really) to push us to a clan match setup. Im going to remove this stuff from public view and place it in a hidden board since it is part of our histroy and put it to bed. The idea was nice but lets be honest it would of been like our latter matchs in OWM fighting to shit just to get a view of our own first flag from our spwan.

ofc i will join a clan for matchs and be waring the respective tag for that clan put dont get in a worry still 100% with GB fridays are GB night i will never play matches on fridays not now not ever because id rather be here being told off by grabs for being to sober to play :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:28 pm 

Good call :lol: