Grumpy Bastards

If you don't like it, you know what you can do...
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Day of Infamy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:05 pm 

I found the server set up here >> https://www.reddit.com/r/insurgency/com ... server_to/

It is pasted below ;)

This post assumes you have a working Insurgency dedicated server and wish to update it to run Day of Infamy. If you don't yet have a working Insurgency server, please follow the various guides available on Google, then return here for DoI-specific information.

Step 1: Update your config file (/insurgency/insurgency/cfg/server.cfg) to include Day of Infamy information. You may also copy your config file and create a new one for Day of Infamy if you prefer. Make sure to include the following lines:

mapcyclefile mapcycle_doi.txt // Mapcycle file, this name can be changed if desired

sv_playlist doi/pvp_sustained // Valid options: doi/pvp_sustained doi/coop

sv_pure -1

Step 2: Create your mapcycle file at /insurgency/mapcycle_doi.txt (name can be changed-- just be sure it matches what's in your .cfg file).

Click here for mapcycle contents for PVP (untested). Make sure your .cfg file has "playlist doi/pvp_sustained" if you're using this file.

Click here for mapcycle contents for COOP. Make sure your .cfg file has "playlist doi/coop" if you're using this file.

Step 3: Create your server's workshop subscriptions file at /insurgency/subscribed_file_ids.txt. Copy and paste these five lines in with one number per line:

Step 4: Update your start command ("./srcds_linux ...") by adding the -workshop flag. If you used a server config file other than server.cfg, also add +servercfgfile YOUR_CONFIG.cfg to the start command. Finally, specify your starting map and gamemode by also adding +map "doi_bastogne" +mp_gamemode "firefight" (example-- change if you want).

Your server should now function as a DoI server.

Edit: Added sv_pure -1 to .cfg, added +map +mp_gamemode to start command. Removed bad info on setting map via .cfg file.

The posts comments show that there have been some issues, most are resolved :D .

Post subject: Re: Day of Infamy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:26 pm 

Thanks for the link to the DoI server setup guide. :D

I had a few issues getting my DoI server going this morning as setting sv_pure -1 in the .cfg doesn’t take effect until after the first after the first map change, and setting it in the server batch file wasn’t working either so the server was starting with sv_pure 1 which cause the client to crash when loading the map. Setting sv_pure 0 in the batch file seemed to resolve the issue for me, I’ve left sv_pure -1 in the .cfg file.

I think I’ve found out why doi_landfall checkpoint wasn’t showing up in your vote menu last night (either at the end of round or call vote menu), like yourself I copied the map cycle from the article you’ve linked to, and doi_landfall checkpoint is the only line that has a blank space at the end of the game mode, I got rid of that and it started appearing in my menus.

I went through the workshop files listed above and it looks like there are two co-op maps that aren’t listed in that map cycle file: doi_landfall outpost and doi_dog_red conquer. I’ve added those to mine so now my mapcycle_doi.txt file contains the following:

doi_bastogne conquer
doi_bastogne outpost
doi_landfall outpost
doi_landfall conquer
doi_landfall checkpoint
doi_bastogne_night outpost
doi_bastogne_night conquer
doi_dog_red conquer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:34 pm 

I've added doi_metz (Checkpoint, Outpost & Conquer) to my DoI server. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:31 pm 

I've now also got a server installed for the stand-alone release of DoI.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:23 pm 

I've added a server config to my DoI server for PvP with bots. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:32 am 

Nice work, thanks! We'll have to give that a go on Friday :D