Grumpy Bastards

If you don't like it, you know what you can do...
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Insurgency
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:11 pm 

I quite enjoyed giving this a bash on Friday (thanks Dr Pepper), but it was a bit of a pain getting everyone on the same co-op server at once as it only supports 6 players and any empty slots we're very quickly filled by random people. So I've installed Insurgency's dedicated server on my old rig, configured it for co-op play, stuck a password on to prevent random players (same password as the vent server). So if we give it another go in future, I can fire that up to make it easier to play together.

Post subject: Re: Insurgency
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:39 pm 

Nice one :mrgreen:

Coop with > 6 players

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:48 pm 

Oh I have this. tried a co op game with randoms spent most of the time avoiding or killing who ever kept shooting at the rest of the team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 pm 

Dr Pepper wrote:

Nice spot, I'll have a look at changing the settings to enable a larger co-op group and make sure it works before Friday. For now, I'm going to bed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:36 pm 

Set it to be an 8 players co-op server, shouldn't need more than that, but if we do I should be able to increase it now I know which cvar I'm looking for and the three files I need to update it in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:14 pm 

Excellent work mon frère.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:28 pm 

I'm definately out Friday next week, but might be out drinking this Friday too. If that's the case I'll set the server up before I head out, you'll see it in the server browser as "Grumpy Bastards" and the password will be: bastards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:13 pm 

Useless information time :lol:

I've been watching my server with task manager & network meter (by http://addgadgets.com) & it tells me that the CPU runs between 0 & 76% in game. The CPU is a Athlon x2 245.

Network meter tells me that the inbound connection with 8 players is between 320kbit/s - 550kbit/s. Outbound was more of a surprise between 400kbit/s - 2.6Mbit/s :o .

As I say, useless information :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:22 pm 

Other 'maybe' relevant info.

I have set the server start batch file to 38 players, seems to give trouble any higher than this. This gives up to 8 players & 30 bots, which start on the highest level '3'.

When the server is public the [ sv_playlist "nwi/coop_hardcore" ] command gives the bots visible armour & reduces the spend points level, but by setting password this seems to be overridden & no armour is visible & spend points are higher :shock: .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:09 pm 

My server config file to make the bots 'bastards' :lol:
"mp_coop_min_bots" "18"
"mp_coop_min_bot_difficulty" "3"
"mp_coop_lobbysize" "8"

"mp_maxgames" "1"
"mp_maxrounds" "5"
"mp_winlimit_coop" "1"
"mp_roundtime" "900"

"mp_cp_capture_time" "31"
"mp_cp_deteriorate_time" "0"

"mp_supply_token_base" "38"
"mp_supply_token_bot_base" "65"
"mp_supply_rate_losing_team_high" "1"
"mp_supply_rate_losing_team_low" "1"
"mp_supply_rate_winning_team_high" "1"
"mp_supply_rate_winning_team_low" "1"

"ins_bot_count_checkpoint_min" "18"
"ins_bot_count_checkpoint_max" "30"
"ins_bot_count_checkpoint_default" "0" //when set to 0, it will scale between the min and max depending on player count

"mp_checkpoint_counterattack_always" "2" //Always have a counter-attack after each cap. Value represents number of human players needed
"mp_checkpoint_counterattack_delay" "12" //How long (in seconds) until the enemy counter-attack wave spawns
"mp_checkpoint_counterattack_wave_finale" "25" //How long until we get the subsequent waves in Checkpoint finale
"mp_checkpoint_counterattack_duration" "90" //How long a checkpoint counter-attack lasts
"mp_checkpoint_counterattack_duration_finale" "180" //How long a checkpoint counter-attack lasts on last point

"sv_vote_issue_botcount_allowed" "0" //Can people hold votes to change AI count
"sv_vote_issue_botdifficulty_allowed" "0" //Can people hold votes to change AI difficulty
"sv_vote_issue_kick_allowed" "1" //Can people hold votes to kick players from the server
"sv_vote_kick_ban_duration_trolling" "1" //How long should a kick ban last for if a player is kicked for trolling? (minutes)
"sv_vote_kick_ban_duration_idle" "0" //How long should a kick ban last for if a player is kicked for idling? (minutes)

Start up batch file
srcds.exe +login anonymous -console -port 27016 sv_playlist nwi/coop_hardcore +map embassy_coop +maxplayers 38

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:04 am 

Niiiiice :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:25 pm 

Current server settings as of 29th January 2016

I've reduced the ins_bot_count_checkpoint_max from 30 to 27 to see if this stops the crash at level end of "no free edicts"

"mp_maxgames" "1"
"mp_maxrounds" "6"
"mp_winlimit_coop" "1"
"mp_roundtime" "420"
"mp_cp_capture_time" "30"
"mp_coop_min_bot_difficulty" "3"
"mp_cp_deteriorate_time" "0"
"mp_player_resupply_delay_base" "20"
"mp_supply_token_base" "36"
"mp_supply_token_bot_base" "90"
"mp_supply_rate_losing_team_high" "1"
"mp_supply_rate_losing_team_low" "1"
"mp_supply_rate_winning_team_high" "1"
"mp_supply_rate_winning_team_low" "1"
"ins_bot_count_checkpoint_min" "18"
"ins_bot_count_checkpoint_max" "27"
"ins_bot_count_checkpoint_default" "0" // when set to 0, it will scale between the min and max depending on player count
"ins_bot_rpg_minimum_player_cluster" "2"
"ins_bot_rpg_player_cluster_radius" "360" //560-default <<< These are work in progress to find a more ferice RPG team
"ins_bot_rpg_player_cluster_bloat" "25" //20-default <<< These are work in progress to find a more ferice RPG team

"mp_checkpoint_counterattack_always" "2" //Always have a counter-attack after each cap. Value represents number of human players needed
"mp_checkpoint_counterattack_capture_speedup" "1" //Bot capture speed-up
"mp_checkpoint_counterattack_delay" "5" //How long (in seconds) until the enemy counter-attack wave spawns
"mp_checkpoint_counterattack_wave_finale" "50" //How long until we get the subsequent waves in Checkpoint finale
"mp_checkpoint_counterattack_duration" "72" //How long a checkpoint counter-attack lasts
"mp_checkpoint_counterattack_duration_finale" "145" //How long a checkpoint counter-attack lasts on last point

"sm_insurgency_checkpoint_counterattack_capture" "1" //Enable counterattack by bots to capture points in Checkpoint

"sv_hud_targetindicator" "0" //Friendly target indicator off
"sv_vote_issue_botcount_allowed" "0" //Can people hold votes to change AI count
"sv_vote_issue_botdifficulty_allowed" "0" //Can people hold votes to change AI difficulty
"sv_vote_issue_kick_allowed" "0" //Can people hold votes to kick players from the server
"sv_vote_kick_ban_duration_trolling" "1" //How long should a kick ban last for if a player is kicked for trolling? (minutes)
"sv_vote_kick_ban_duration_idle" "0" //How long should a kick ban last for if a player is kicked for idling? (minutes)

I have removed "sv_playlist nwi/coop_hardcore" from the start up batch & inserted it into the server.cfg file, where it is currently disabled( // ).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:33 pm 

We don't say it enough mate, but your efforts (and Ama's) are very much appreciated! Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:30 pm 

At the moment I’ve not changed many settings on my server other than bot difficulty, token count and lobby size. However in my in my server.cfg I used:

"sv_weapon_manager_cleanup" "1" // enables/disables weapon manager (WM is responsible for cleaning dropped weapons and bodies)
"sv_weapon_manager_drop_timer" "600" // how many seconds will dropped weapons remain till they vanish
"sv_weapon_manager_max_count" "100" // how many dropped weapons can be on map at a time

As Dr Pepper observed that Pil couldn’t hear/see things we say say/type when we’re dead, and as he often doesn’t join us on vent, I’ve now set the following in server_cooperative.cfg:

"sv_deadvoice" "1" // enabling this will allow the dead and living to VOIP each other
"sv_deadchat" "1" // enabling this will allow the dead and living to chat text each other
"sv_deadchat_team" "0" // is deadchat limited to just your team?

And as I’ve been playing with my server today with getting a Day of Infamy setup I’ve just added –workshop to my regular server's launch batch file and put on a couple of workshop maps. If a player isn't already subscribed to the workshop map already it will be automatically downloaded to the client from the Steam Workshop the first time the client tries to play the map, so we don't need to faff about setting up a fast DL server.

There is a Steam guide on adding workshop content to Insurgency servers here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=488818549

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:42 pm 

I've always found having to open the menu and go into the inventory screen in order to resupply at a checkpoint to be quite annoying and cubersome, but you can actually bind that action to a key to make quicker and easier. :D

bind "h" "inventory_resupply"